I've been looking for a job for a month now, and it seems that it's going to be tough. The job market is really bad. I have a rather stellar CV, and it doesn't seem to matter much. Being fired from my last job seems to be a show-stopper for some of the places that could be very nice to work in. If the only jobs available will be little startups that treat people like cannon fodder, I think I'll go work the doors. That's a job that can't be outsourced and something I'd also be good at.
A thing that I cannot understand is that if good people are available because they were fired, why being fired is seen as a shooting offense? That doesn't make much sense to me, but I guess the managers now better. We'll see. In the meantime, I think I'll learn to play keyboard (piano) which I stopped doing when I was 13. It seems to make me happy, which is very good when the whole world is going to shit along w/the economy.
2009-03-28
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment